I have the pleasure of introducing Abiola Wabara, professional artist and owner of Art By Abiola, on The Iveoma Show. Abiola was born and raised in Italy. Then moved to Texas to play basketball for Baylor University, traveled around Europe playing professional basketball, and now is based in Houston Texas about to start law school while running her galleria Art By Abiola.
This intriguing journey & (fabulous accent) was the reason that I was so excited to interview her. She is clearly multi-talented and gifted so I can not wait to see her fanbase grow. Thank you Abiola!
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
Iveoma – AKA ME LOL!
Iveoma.com is a place that tells in-depth and honest accounts of business start-ups in Nigeria. My shows will be inspirational, positive, and above all else educational. I seek to empower African Diaspora professionals who plan to start their own businesses in Nigeria with hands-on tips and advice from those who have become successful already. Come hang out with me as I learn from business owners who identified REAL problems and offered REAL solutions to Nigerians.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Born and raised in Italy to playing professional basketball at Baylor University in Texas (:45 secs)
- When Abiola started painting (1:52)
- How I met Abiola at Afrifest in Houston Texas (2:57)
- How art became a business (5:50)
- How artist price their work, deal with a commission, etc (7:00)
- Abiola’s dreams for her galleria, Art by Abiola (8:28)
- Painting live for The Truth Project (10:20)
- Abiola going to law school and doing art part time (14:00)
- Not labeling art (16:00)
- Abiola expanding her business to include prints, t-shirts & backpacks (18:45)
CONNECT WITH ABIOLA WABARA:
Website: Art By Abiola
LinkedIn: Abiola Wabara
Facebook: Art by Abiola
ABIOLA WABARA SAID:
ABIOLA WABARA SAID:
MORE ABIOLA WABARA:
Enjoy the pictures I took of Abiola and her beautiful paintings at the art festival 🙂
CONNECT WITH IVEOMA:
Got any questions? Comments? Insights? I’m all ears! Let’s chat down below.