I am excited to welcome Myoa Sobamowo, singer and songwriter, onto the Iveoma Show. I was curious about the business side of music and Myoa indulged me and told me the secrets of how musicians and singers make money.
She also talked about how she balanced her demanding 9 to 5 job in finance/accounting with a growing music career. I am so excited to see what she does in 2017 now that she is doing music full-time. She is a star (in every sense of the word), a talented singer/songwriter and just an awesome person. P.S Now, I am a huge fan!
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
Iveoma – AKA ME LOL!
Iveoma.com is a place that tells in-depth and honest accounts of business start-ups in Nigeria. My shows will be inspirational, positive, and above all else educational. I seek to empower African Diaspora professionals who plan to start their own businesses in Nigeria with hands-on tips and advice from those who have become successful already. Come hang out with me as I learn from business owners who identified REAL problems and offered REAL solutions to Nigerians.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- How startup singers/musicians make money in music (1:05)
- Promoting her debut single “Can A Stranger Lead Me Home?” in Nigeria (4:12)
- Myoa’s plans to take Nigeria and Africa by storm as an international artist (6:20)
- Myoa’s unique sound… soul, pop, jazz (6:49)
- How Myoa put together her band (8:00)
- Myoa’s finance background and music career (10:27)
- How to grow a fan base (14:26)
- How to balance music with a finance career (16:00)
- Myoa’s journey to being a full-time musician/singer (17:04)
- Myoa on songwriting (21:11)
- Myoa’s words of inspiration for finding your life purpose (23:40)
CONNECT WITH MYOA:
Debut Single “Can A Stranger” (Lovely song!)
MYOA singing the Nigerian National Anthem & The American National Anthem at the 5th Annual NAMC!
CONNECT WITH IVEOMA:
Got any questions? Comments? Insights? I’m all ears! Let’s chat down below.